INSIDE: How to make a 5-minute Halloween friendly ghost from an old garden shovel. Super easy DIY Halloween home decorations.
Do you like fast? What about friendly? Well, guess what, I’ve got them both!
I took an old, sorta rusty and totally broken garden shovel and turned it into a happy Halloween ghost. Found with an assortment of random garden items, this poor shovel had a broken handle and probably wouldn’t have been much use for digging holes.
And that’s how this garden shovel easily and quickly – as in 5 minutes – became a friendly ghost for a touch of cute spook in the garden!
How to Make 5-Minute Garden Shovel Halloween Ghost
I can’t do Halloween spooky! I still have memories of the horror movies I watched through semi-closed eyes as a teen and that was way too many years ago! So, yeah, I’m all in for a friendly, happy, cute ghost!
– Garden shovel
– White outdoor paint (if you want to the shovel to be white)
– Black acrylic craft paint
– Pink acrylic craft paint
– Variety of different sized paint brushes
– Clear coat spray
make a 5-minute halloween ghost from garden shovel
Want to learn a trick to making the perfect circle? Use the backend of a paint brush and dot them onto whatever it is you are painting.
And that’s how this ghostie got perfectly round eyeballs!
Next, give your Halloween ghost a happy smile or a ghostly ghastly face, whatever gets you into the Halloween spirit.
Use a smaller paint brush to give this happy ghost friend some sweet flushed cheeks …or something spooky scary!
the easiest halloween ghost from old garden shovel
Once this happy ghostie was totally dry, I gave it (I’m an equal opportunity friend to all ghosts) a spray of clear coat since I was going to use him/her as a plant stake.
And this is how you make the fastest – yet friendliest – Halloween ghost decoration!
More Halloween Ideas You May Like:
- DIY fleece pumpkin pillow cover
- Use a large men’s t-shirt to make a black witch cape
- Easy kids pirate boot covers using felt and good doubloons
- Use fabric scraps to make easy sew colorful fabric pumpkins
- Mesh pumpkin wreath in 5 easy steps
- BOO! Halloween word signs made from paper straws
- BOO-ti-ful Halloween pedicure gift sets + printable tags
I would appreciate any social media love you can send my way.