This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #PlaymobilxScoobyDoo #PLAYMOBIL #CollectiveBias
INSIDE: 5 fun and awesome ways to introduce kids to nostalgic toys, movies and books. Buy PLAYMOBIL® SCOOBY-DOO! playsets at Walmart.
My mother has a garage full of our old toys, dolls and books. Boxes of them. ???? And guess what? Thirty year old plastic toys don’t exactly hold up to the wear and tear of today’s kids!
Fortunately for those of us who loved the toys of our childhood, many of them are making comebacks. New, shiny and tough enough to be played with by our children.
And that’s why I was excited to see PLAYMOBIL® SCOOBY-DOO! playsets at my local Walmart. Scooby-Doo, Shaggy and friends are back! Of course, my 5, 8 and 10-year-olds have no clue about these classic characters of my youth. Scooby-Doo, meet my kids!
Here are 5 tips for introducing nostalgic toys to your kids…
5 Awesome Ways to Introduce Kids to Nostalgic Toys
When you pull those dusty toys out of storage or you find a classic toy at the store, how do you introduce it to your kids?
1. Tell the kids about your connection to the toy. Give them a short history lesson, like how old you were when you played with the toy; why you loved it; who gave you the toy; what you enjoyed most about it; how you played with it. Make the kids excited to want to play with something mom or dad played with at their age.
2. Play with them. My mother kept an entire collection of dolls, including all their outfits and accessories. I can’t tell you how fun it is not only to see my daughter now enjoying them but how fun it is for me to sit and play with her. The same can be applied to books you once read as a child as well as classic TV shows and movies. Watch, play, read with them and relive that experience!
3. Connect the classic toy with a book, TV show or movie. In the case of Scooby-Doo, not only can the kids now play with the PLAYMOBIL SCOOBY-DOO! Mystery Machine,
for example, but you could also introduce them to the old cartoons or live action movies. Online streaming channels as well as your local library often stock such classic books and/or films.
Interested in trying out PLAYMOBIL SCOOBY-DOO! playsets?
Hover over the photo below to click through for purchasing at Walmart.
5 Best Ways to Introduce Classic Toys to the Kids
4. Act out the character parts. Kids seem to naturally act out the characters or the scenario when they play. But when introducing a nostalgic toy to your children, give them some details about the character so they can develop a sense of familiarity. For example, Scooby-Doo would do anything for a Scooby Snack and is scared of ghosts. Or that Scooby and his friends drive around town in The Mystery Machine van and solve all sorts of unusual mysteries. These toys are perfect for promoting creativity and role-play.
5. Get creative. Encourage the kids to write their own story with pictures based on the nostalgic characters. Graphic novels are super popular with kids these days so why not create their own comic with Scooby-Doo as the main feature?
How to Introduce Your Old Toys, Books and Movies to the Kids
Did you know that Scooby-Doo first came out in 1969? There is no mystery why Scooby-Doo and friends are still popular! And we won’t need to bribe our kids with Scooby Snacks to encourage them to play with the new PLAYMOBIL SCOOBY-DOO! sets which include:
- PLAYMOBIL SCOOBY-DOO! Mystery Machine;
- PLAYMOBIL SCOOBY-DOO! Scooby & Shaggy with Ghost; and
- PLAYMOBIL SCOOBY-DOO! Mystery Figures (Series 1) which contains 12 collectible SCOOBY-DOO! Ghosts, each from the episodes of the original cartoon series
Each PLAYMOBIL SCOOBY-DOO! set features the iconic cartoon character, Scooby-Doo. And every set includes a ghost card that can be read using the ghost card reader in the PLAYMOBIL SCOOBY-DOO! Mystery Machine.
Make sure to collect all the mystery figures!
As a parent, whenever I bring new toys into our house, I want them to encourage my kids to play imaginatively, creatively as well as help my kids develop their cognitive and social skills. I know that any PLAYMOBIL set will give my kids those high-quality play skills of imagination, fun and endless play possibilities. Imaginative play sets focused around the iconic cartoon series, Scooby-Doo, are for both new and mature fans.
Where to Find PLAYMOBIL SCOOBY-DOO! Playsets
The PLAYMOBIL SCOOBY-DOO! playsets are NEW to Walmart and will first be sold there. They can be found in the toy department, specifically where their building sets are located.
You can also find them online at Walmart.com. Just search for “Playmobil Scooby-Doo“.
Want even more fun kid ideas?
- NO GLUE! DIY clay slime for kids recipe
- Turn a $5 metal serving tray into a wall-mounted magnet board
- Turn a kids stacking rings toy turned into a fun playroom mobile
- Use (clean) paint can lids for awesome superhero wall decorations
- Make the easiest fence-mounted outdoor chalkboards for kids