*This post contains affiliate links. A purchase of any of these items helps to support this blog and its creative efforts at no cost to you. To read more, please see my disclosure page.
A little over a year ago, I took a major leap of faith and courage and technical know-how and started a blog. I never knew how much techy “stuff” was involved in blogging and I got quickly, quickly schooled. Now, over a year since hitting ‘publish’ for the first time, there’s still a lot of the technical stuff I’m clueless about!
BUT… I made a good decision early on in this crazy blogging adventure. I selected a rock star hosting service — SiteGround.
how to start a blog with siteground
Here are the things I’m most happy with SiteGround and here’s why I recommend them:
- Affordable. I purchased a year of hosting + HackAlert for under $50/year.
- Site Speed. My site loads very quickly and as a result, I’ve noticed my daily traffic increasing. Here’s how SiteGround compares to other hosting providers on the market:
- Security. I received daily emails alerting me that my site is clean. This is very reassuring when you read the ‘horror stories’ of sites being hacked and taken down.
- Support. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve jumped on chat with them for help. They have quickly fixed my issues and addressed my non-technical questions. They have fixed items in the backend of my site that I’m honestly too scared to attempt myself! Can’t say enough about their support services!!
How to get started with siteground
Step #1: Choose a Plan and Sign Up
SiteGround has three plan levels and all plans include free domain registration. I’m currently on the StartUp plan.
- The StartUp plan is perfect for people with one website that are starting now
- The GrowBig plan is a great value for money offer, including the option for multiple websites and the SuperCacher that greatly improves a WordPress website speed
- The GoGeek plan is perfect for people with e-commerce and larger sites
Step #2: Choose a Domain
If you are a blogging newbie, this is where you’d register your domain name. Or, transfer your existing domain to SiteGround. (That’s what I did. It was very easy and seamless.) All domain registration is FREE and is included in the SiteGround hosting service.
Step #3: Review and Complete
SiteGround’s low monthly web hosting applies to your entire year! Your price won’t increase after an initial promotion period. As I mentioned, I locked in a year of hosting (at the StartUp plan) and the additional service of HackAlert for a little under $50…for the entire year!
start your blog today with siteground!
As a non-technical blogger here, I have been beyond happy with SiteGround. I think my fave aspect is their technical chat support. So when I see something funky happening on a Sunday morning, I can just send off my blogging, drama-filled questions to their Support and get an answer fast. Now that’s a relaxing Sunday!